Skip to main content

Moms can have tantrums too.

 You know. I think even the best of moms have tantrums. After a full day of kids having them, being treated like crap, cleaning the same thing 20 times and it still being dirty again when you leave and come back.... Well its stressful and I think I am allowed to feel, stressed.

 So today the stress hit. Christmas is almost here. I want to be able to get my children everything they ever wanted, and more. I know this is not possible. I want them to be able to appreciate that I do what I can do, and above. I want them to realize Christmas is not about presents, but about giving and sharing and love and so much more.

 My kids thought throwing things would be awesome today. They threw a permanent marker and then it got on my wall. This set me off. My living room was trashed, after I had it vacuumed and picked up, my kitchen looks as though no one ever cleans it although I had been in there 10 times or more today. I just lost it. I have that right to lose it now and then. I told them I wished they cared about my things and I wish they would think before they do dumb shit. Its true I do.

 Now let me just say I have said worse, and they too, have said worse. So this is not the first time I have lost my temper, or yelled, or gotten pissy. I hear "Mom is always cranky on the holidays"

 No. Mom is cranky when all day she's said "Don't do that" and all day people do it anyway. Mom is cranky when all day she's up and about cooking cleaning letting dogs out doing chores while others sit around and do nothing. Mom is cranky when at 9pm when its all said and done someone asks for a chore to do to get money for something. Mom is cranky that no one sees her working hard and asks to just help out. That. Is why mom is cranky.

 So of course, I throw my fit, and now my children, well FML they are putting all out there. Probably calling dad and telling him how mean I am. What a hateful mother I am, and what a shitty job I do. Again its fine for them to throw tantrums and complain about how hard life is, but if I do it, well then its their fault and I am once again, a horrible mother for doing so.

 I would not change what I have for a damn thing. I love my kids. I love my home. I love my friends and my family... I just wish now and then someone could see things from my point of view, or just listen. I want to be loved too, I want to be appreciated, I want my things to be appreciated and taken care of. That is all. I want to be able to have a tantrum too. Because it helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have L

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)

Call CPS this must stop now!!!

 My daughter, my oldest, the one I am a taxi for has had a ride to AND FROM several places where she was supposed to catch a ride home from this week. The library, she said she had a ride home, then the ride "left without her". The mall, I told her she'd be picked up by Tim when he got off work, and they were COLD and her friend had FLIP FLOPS on and no one came to the mall so can I get them now... She stayed the night at a friends and instead of waiting for friends mom to bring her home, she HAD to be picked up by 1 so she could go to a friends...  That friends? She was supposed to walk HOME from and she called for a ride.  So today it was lovely out. 65 or so out, sunny. School was out and Tim had to get the other kids first, as he stayed for a play Hannah was in... Well he did not pick up Destiny. I told her she could walk. For 30 min. I am NOT KIDDING 30 MIN. She sent him and I text after text asking to pick her up.  PLEASE I will clean, I cleaned my room, its &qu