Skip to main content

I was in the FRONT!

 I am not sure how it happened. For 8 years I have worked for my current job. At first we all rotated sections, there were 3 servers during the day and it changed daily where you were...Back then (listen to me, like I'm old) the back section was smoking only. A few of the people we had back there, were snooty. The "card players" especially. They were just always giving all the servers a hard time and eventually, no one would wait on them but me. So then it turned out I was always in the back, becuase well, those were all "My people".

 Lately business has been down, and there is no longer a smoking section in restaurants in Arkansas. Generally people fill up in the front first, so when your not busy, and your in the back, you don't get seated much. I had asked for sections to rotate. What I felt was fair, also because my section, the back is bigger... and gets the large groups. Rotating seemed fair, but everyone walked on eggshells with the other girl so we couldn't change the routine she was used to.

 Well me and the new girl and the boss talked about rotating and all agreed rotation was the only fair way to do things. Yesterday was the new girls first day, so I put her in the smaller, front section. Today she called to me that I had a table and I went to the back to find it. "What are you doing silly, your in front today?!" I almost cried!? FRONT? MEEEEE? IN FRONT???? That's right. I waited tables in the front section. It was crazy. I almost forgot the table numbers!

 All is pretty good with the new girl, and the new new girl seems to be catching on quickly too. Both of them are helpful with each other, with me, working together. Its awesome, if I am busy and cannot get my food out, someone runs it. Drinks are filled for whoever, does not matter if its MY tables drink or not. Its empty, fill it up! :)

 Home has been alright. Tim is now working at both Churches and Monte ne inn. Were hoping to save back the churches check for a flat screen and a zoo trip this summer. How exciting. Saving money? Really? We'll see if that works out. It sure would be nice, to have a bit extra to save. At the same time, it means the kids are left to their own devices again this summer vacation, which is not always super great. My house, my poor house will be thrashed I am sure. Either way you win some you lose some. You can't have it all. I figure we'll make the most of Tims Monday off, and make his other day a week day so he can take the kids to do stuff that day as well. Hopefully the zoo trip will wear them out enough for the whole summer. Doubt it but its worth a shot.

 I cannot wait to take pictures at the zoo and aquarium!!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

So Whats up with my oddly normal life?

 Huh huh? Cus it seems that I am never ever updating my blog these days. I am such a sloth!  Things happen and I think how I should blog about them and then I figure they are not really so interesting if you were not here. Then I remember I blog for me, not really for someone else. I want to be able to remember things, to come back and go oh yeah... Those were the days. Or whatever. I can't do that if I don't blog it.  I am going to try to be more regular with the blogs again, even if its what I made for dinner, and  how my husband kept me up snoring. If it doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it right!? :)  So whats been going on? the kids are growing. I got contacts, I am not sure how I feel about them just yet. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes I feel like I have an eye full of hair. Sometimes I can see great with them in, and other times everything is blurrier than when I had  them out. Meanwhile I wear my scratched up glasses while ...