Skip to main content

Who would have thought???

 I never would have thought I was going to be an adult. Sometimes I still look at myself as a kid. But I am an adult. I have kids, TEENAGERS even. I own my own home, and I have been married, as of today for NINE years! Who could have ever thought?

 Our friend Dede set us up to meet. I remember one day getting home from work, to a message on my machine, a guy "Clorie, hey this is Tim. Dede is doing this for me, anyway you sound cute... Hope to talk to you soon" I was like WAHHHHHT? So I talked to Tim a few times over the phone before we met, finally at Dede's place.

 I walked in, Tim was watching football (not much has changed) he looked up from the TV to me, said HEY, then went back to the game. Hmmph. Dede insisted I take Tim somewhere, so he came with me and the kids and a friend and her kids to MALL O WEEN. He held Promise for me when she got heavy, and my purse when I went to the bathroom. I cannot say it was "love at first site" But I did feel like I wouldn't mind seeing him again after that night.

 So there ya have it! 3 years later I finally convinced him to marry me.... I had to make threats but it worked to my advantage, and his too, if you think about it. Tim took on more than just me, but also my two girls. Not many men would be willing to do that. Tim rocks my socks. I love him more today than I did 9 years ago. I feel comfort in his arms, and he is always there, supporting me, and my side of whatever it is... He is also not (too) afraid to put me in my place when I am wrong (which is very rare)

 I hope that Tim and I have 9 more years and then some together. I cannot imagine life without him in it. I love you Timmy, thank you for making me your wife, and the mother to your beautiful children!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Its not always 50/50

 Sometimes one person has to hold up more weight than the other does. Lately I feel as though I am that person holding the extra weight. Lately I have been wishing I was not that person. I feel like I am being spread a bit too thin... I also feel like no matter how many times I try to explain myself, it does not matter.  So I will just keep waiting, and hopefully eventually someone will come and take a few books off of my stack. Take a load off. Help me out. Chip in. You get it? I am sure you do. Now if only other people did as well.  God doesnt give you more than you can handle. I wonder sometimes if He thinks the load he's giving me is being more evenly distributed than it is... Maybe he can review my case :)

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...