Skip to main content

That's my boy!

 Tomorrow is my baby boys, big day. The big ONE O. Ten. I can hardly believe it. I remember just like it was yesterday being in the hospital having him. It was a stormy night, I remember for a while I was worried about the storm, that was until contractions were stronger than the sound of thunder outside.

 I also remember Tim had said he would like for it to just be him and I there, in the room... He didn't really want my mom there, but as I started whining I remember him asking if I wanted my mom. Of course I did! I am not even sure who she left the girls with to come and sit with me, but she came, and they were somewhere in the storm with someone and I was not worried about them at all. LOL.

 I was in labor for about 18 hours with Bailey. It was not too bad, but my doctor never even really offered any type of pain medication... I guess I was okay with that, because I never really asked either. When it was time to push the doctor was there the whole time. Just patiently waiting and doing that massage thing so I didn't tear. Amazing really, because that boy has a large head!

 So with that final push, he was out. The doctor just sat there, and I did not hear any crying... I got a little bit scared "Why is he not crying??" "He's sleeping!" the dr. said matter of fact like. Well uh WAKE HIM? I Remember thinking.... They finally rubbed him and cleaned him off which made him mad. They handed him over to me, and Tim kissed me the biggest hardest kiss I have ever gotten form him. Pretty sure he was crying too. Why not, birth is AMAZING. Even looking back now, I cannot believe I did it, and four times at that!



 So after they handed him to me, They turned down the lights, the Dr. delivered the not baby part, and he left the room.Then my mom congratulated us, and she left, the nurse left, and then Tim left as well. I was left alone in a dimmed room, with my little man. He was beautiful. His little nose covered in white baby pimples. I remember telling myself I would know, for certain if they tried to give me another baby, because of his little nose.

 Of course was perfect. 10 fingers, 10 toes. Not much hair. Fat baby 8 pounds 6oz. He ate like a little champ and settled in to his spot near me without problems. I loved him from that moment.

 As Bailey has grown he's had more than his fair share of naughtiness. He was so young when I had Hannah, but ready to play the part of a big brother without jealously issues at all. He loved "his baby" and took care of her best he could. He also knew when he could get into things because I was tending to the baby. He dumped out shampoo, ate cat food (and threw it all over the living room) smashed his head on the corner of a table, stapled his penis, ate calcium pills, among other things. Poison control was on my speed dial when he was a baby that is for sure.

 As he got older, he got very sick. I thought he might have the flu, or something. We took him to the doctor to find out he had cancer. Then we were faced with the thought of losing our son. We did not know what kind of cancer or what the outcome would be, but we knew we would do whatever we could, to keep Bailey because he was worth so much. I knew it could not be his time, that he had so much more to do, and I was right. He fought cancer like it was a sissy baby. He kicked its butt. Sure there were hard times along the way. Mood swings from the steroids and constant ear infections but through it all he showed the same spirit he always has. He rolled with the flow. He was happy, he cared so deeply about everyone else even when he was the one we were so worried about. Once when he could hear a little crying in the oncology room next to ours he said "mama, he doesn't want to get a poke" Tears were in his eyes. Not because he knew that he was the next to be poked, but because he felt badly for that other little boy. Bailey feels so deeply and cares so much. More than anyone else I know. He's always doing nice things for others and worrying about things little kids probably shouldn't have too. Its sad sometimes, but amazing all the time. I know that Bailey has far to go in life, and this little battle he had to fight along the way did not even put a pause on those plans.


 Although Bailey is the source for most of my grey hairs... Slicing the trampoline, cracking the windshield in the van, getting cancer, stitches in his eyebrow, chickenpox when he's not allowed to get those, crying for at least a month when he first started school, calling to come home when he stays the night at friends houses, not going down the slide at the pool until the last 10 min were there, because he was afraid, after so much he's been through, afraid of a slide? Now he's taken to getting on the roof (not allowed) and jumping down from it, onto the trampoline. He called me out as if I would be proud of such a task.



 Bailey loves to skateboard, to draw comics,to be funny, to watch TV, ride his bike. Bailey makes friends with just about everyone he meets, he is never mean to other kids even when they are mean to him. He is always thinking of how someone else would feel. So sweet to animals, saving turtles lives and wanting to take in strays. He's an awesome child that I am so very proud to have as my one and only son. He loves with his whole entire heart. He makes mistakes, but always appologizes for what he's done wrong. When he says he is sorry you feel that he really is, and when he says he loves you, you know your lucky to be loved by such an awesome kid.



 So Bailey-Boo. Even though your too big to kiss me goodbye in school in front of your friends, you will always be my baby boy. Even though your going into middle school this year, I will still tuck you in at night and call you my baby boy. Even when you start to grow hair on your face, you will still be my little man... Even when I have to look up to see your smile, I hope it shines as brightly as it does now.

 Be all you want to be, keep on loving and caring and being the awesome kid that you are, there is no need to change a thing about you, because who you are... Is amazing. I love you Bailey Boo.

Comments

  1. coudnt have said better myself....i love you son

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and sweet!! 2 things though. #1 stapled his penis? lmao and "look up to see him smile? Don't you have to do that with everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, when he was about 15 months, he got ahold of the stapler and got his penis... That was an interesting call to the after hours nurse ;o)

    MOST people I do look up to see, but not yet my own baby boy!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have L

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)

Call CPS this must stop now!!!

 My daughter, my oldest, the one I am a taxi for has had a ride to AND FROM several places where she was supposed to catch a ride home from this week. The library, she said she had a ride home, then the ride "left without her". The mall, I told her she'd be picked up by Tim when he got off work, and they were COLD and her friend had FLIP FLOPS on and no one came to the mall so can I get them now... She stayed the night at a friends and instead of waiting for friends mom to bring her home, she HAD to be picked up by 1 so she could go to a friends...  That friends? She was supposed to walk HOME from and she called for a ride.  So today it was lovely out. 65 or so out, sunny. School was out and Tim had to get the other kids first, as he stayed for a play Hannah was in... Well he did not pick up Destiny. I told her she could walk. For 30 min. I am NOT KIDDING 30 MIN. She sent him and I text after text asking to pick her up.  PLEASE I will clean, I cleaned my room, its &qu