Skip to main content

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.

 So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have LOVED to have called in, and stayed in bed with my husband all day while the kids were at school. Not because I hate my job, but because today, staying in bed seemed like more fun!

 My "big boss" was there today to fill in for someone... He and I somehow got on the subject of facebook and twitter, apparently he follows tweeters, but does not himself, tweet. He says facebook is so "yesterday" and that I should tweet. Then we got on the line of blogs. He told me that he has been told, all of my blogs are about how much I hate my job. Now I did not go back and read through my blogs, but I am certain ALL of my blogs are not about work at all, loving or hating it. I am also pretty certain I have never said that I hated my job. Maybe I hated when this happened or that happened or hated giving up my Friday (even that though is bringing in more money for my family and I don't hate it)

 I just wanted to clear up if I had ever said it, that I do not hate my job. I would not stay at a place 8 years if I hated it. I enjoy being a waitress, and I enjoy where I work. I love many of my customers, some are even friends on my facebook page! I love my hours, that I am home and able to pick my children up from school, that I have weekends to myself with them, and that I do not have to wake up at 3am to go to work.

 I do hate when my boss is going crazy, or were super slow or super busy and not prepared. I hate when we run out of forks, when people stand at the sign that says "BE SEATED" and ask if they are supposed to just sit down. I hate when people are rude and think they are the only table you are currently waiting on. Or when they ask for a to go drink, then leave it behind (same with a box). Of course the people who never.tip. are a bit irritating as well. I work pretty hard to try to make my customers happy, and I do appreciate them noticing. I hate when someone leaves 3 pickles in a 5 gallon bucket instead of empying it and removing it. Or when they do something like this with the Alfredo sauce....

 On the other hand. I love that the boss and I can joke around. She can tell me I am messy and I can tell her where to stick it (and then clean up my messes lol) I love that if I slip a text in here and there, its not a huge thing. I love the customers that know my name, ask my how my children are doing, think I am the best thing since sliced bread just because I remember they wanted that side of ranch they forgot to ask for. I love setting up the salad bar, making it all pretty and fresh and when people tell me how good it is.

 I also love the routine, and the comfortable atmophpere at my job. After being there for 8 years, its like a second home. I could find my way around in the dark no problem. I know where everything is, how to do everything, and that in itself feels nice.

 If I ever mentioned on here, that I did not like my job, it was just a rant... I think I have mentioned I don't care a lot for my kids a time or two as well, but God knows I'd die for each and everyone of them if needs be. I would not go so far to die for my job, but for now its the perfect job for me. Great hours, great customers, and I am happy, I enjoy what I do, and make money doing it to me that is good. How many people can say they love their job?

Comments

  1. You should change your "Be Seated" sign to, "Please seat yourself" Also...don't hate the people who leave their to go containers too much. Chris is always putting me in charge of the to go stuff and since I've been pregnant...well....let's just say I left a $70.00 steak behind...complete pregnant brain fart. Not everything is on purpose! I wouldn't waste that kind of money on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See things get back that you post online!!! lol I did like my job most of the time. It had its moments but like you said if I didnt like it then I would not have stayed for over 10 years. Unfortunatly now I have to find somewhere else to work but all will be good (I hope) Something will come up that I enjoy and hopefully I will be back to that old 7am -7 pm 5 or 6 days a week! HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I dont really get mad for people leaving things behind. It just sucks that when I am busy, they "NEED" a box quickly and then leave it behind... We have had the sign say be seated, seat yourself, sit where you would like... It doesn't matter, people stand up there all dumb like. EVEN people who we've seen in there hundreds of times... WHO HAVE SEATED THEMSELVES before... Its just odd... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Difference being, I did not post that I hated my job. I don't so I wouldn't. I know what I post here on my blog can be seen by the world, and most the time I take that into consideration when blogging... Although I did blog something about one child and I getting lunch, and another child read it. Did not realize the kids sometimes read....OOPS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)

Call CPS this must stop now!!!

 My daughter, my oldest, the one I am a taxi for has had a ride to AND FROM several places where she was supposed to catch a ride home from this week. The library, she said she had a ride home, then the ride "left without her". The mall, I told her she'd be picked up by Tim when he got off work, and they were COLD and her friend had FLIP FLOPS on and no one came to the mall so can I get them now... She stayed the night at a friends and instead of waiting for friends mom to bring her home, she HAD to be picked up by 1 so she could go to a friends...  That friends? She was supposed to walk HOME from and she called for a ride.  So today it was lovely out. 65 or so out, sunny. School was out and Tim had to get the other kids first, as he stayed for a play Hannah was in... Well he did not pick up Destiny. I told her she could walk. For 30 min. I am NOT KIDDING 30 MIN. She sent him and I text after text asking to pick her up.  PLEASE I will clean, I cleaned my room, its &qu