Skip to main content

Blue Skies!

 I had almost forgot what the heat of the sun felt like on my skin. I swear it has only rained for what feels like a very very long time. Everything here was flooding and I am sure I am not the only one who was more than happy to have the sun back out!

 I was finally able to plant my rose bushes, and some veggies into the ground. Woot! Tomorrow should be sunny to but lucky me, I get to work! (not sayin' I hate my job btw... Just saying it would be nice to be out and enjoy the sun another day) So I had to pack as much into today as I could. This meant getting fast food for dinner, which the kids were not upset about.

 So I got my radishes planted beside the house, and I also did 2 pumpkin plants, and 2 cantaloupes. I am not sure if they will work where I put them, but I figured there is room for them to vine, and if they don't make it, well I am not out much and I know better for next year!

 The rest of my garden will go in soon:

 I was trying to get some praise from the kids on a job well done about the front of my house, I called Hannah out to check it out. She exclaimed that she was glad too, that the holly bush was gone. "it looks so much better, and now... Promise and I can sneak out!" Uh what? Yeah... I then realized I bet, why the holly bush was planted in front of the window in the first place. It was very poky and now I think I am wishing I would have left it there... I might just plant more, one under each window, especially Destiny's!

 So that was the fun of my day today. Getting down and dirty in the mud. More rain and storms called for this weekend and then a week of Sunny skies and warm temperatures. I am ready for some summer weather!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Its not always 50/50

 Sometimes one person has to hold up more weight than the other does. Lately I feel as though I am that person holding the extra weight. Lately I have been wishing I was not that person. I feel like I am being spread a bit too thin... I also feel like no matter how many times I try to explain myself, it does not matter.  So I will just keep waiting, and hopefully eventually someone will come and take a few books off of my stack. Take a load off. Help me out. Chip in. You get it? I am sure you do. Now if only other people did as well.  God doesnt give you more than you can handle. I wonder sometimes if He thinks the load he's giving me is being more evenly distributed than it is... Maybe he can review my case :)

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...