Skip to main content

Damn Cat!

 I have used this phrase more than 30 times today. Damn cat... damn cat... damn cat.



 So Pawlie, our infamous 3 legged 1,200 dollar cat. Yeah. Well here the past few days I thought I noticed him using the litter box a little too often. I blew it off. Dumb move. As of last night he was acting quite sick, and his... area, was swollen and quivering. I thought he had a UTI as per my internet diagnosis done online. I also read this can be quite harmful to a cat, quickly. So I called the vet, they didn't have any appointments open but I could come as a walk-in and wait. I made an appointment for early tomorrow, but my gut said to take him in today and just wait.

 My gut, well it knows whats best. Once we finally got him in (They were not lying about the "wait" part) The vet did a quick feel of his stomach and said that his bladder had an obstruction and he was unable to urinate. This could be life threatening and she immediately took him back to cath him... Meanwhile I signed papers saying I would pay way more money than I ever thought I would spend on a cat ( but less than we spent on him last time ) I mean, after you pay 1,200.00 to keep a cat alive, how can you, 6 months later, let him die because of this? He deserves to live his nine lives and I have care credit (awesome btw no interest for 18 months) So I signed my savings away to save my damn cat.... Damn cat. You know what, that fucker will come home and lay on Tim and love on Tim and only care about me when he's not around even though I am ultimately the one who has chosen TWICE NOW to save his life. Damn cat.

 The vet did call this evening. Pawlie was out of surgery and doing well. Awake and they gave him food and water, and pain medication. No one is there over night they had asked if I had wanted him at the ER clinic for the night (700.00 stay) I declined, hopefully he does okay with what they gave him to last through the night. If not, well I am sorry if he has to be in some pain, but I could not justify a 700 dollar cost for someone to babysit my cat.

 So that was my day today.... All about that damn cat. I made hot dogs for dinner, Hell we didn't get home until 6. The day with the kids was well. I guess when the pets have all the drama, the kids chose to be well behaved. Heh. Go figure.

 So I am glad I took the damn cat to the vet today. I am also glad he made it through surgery and his 4 of 9 lives... less if he has many more issues. Did I mention he has to have special food now for the REST of his life? how is this going to work with FOUR other cats I wonder? UGH. I also read that dry food is bad for cats, that they need moisture from the food they eat, because that is how they hydrate themselves... So I will also be spending more money on wet food, considering in the long run its quite cheaper to do that, than to spend 600.00 on bladder surgeries. Damn cats.

 So that is all I have to say really. Damn cat. I am glad he's going to be okay. I hope one day he pulls me out of a burning building or something to repay me... Dials 911 something. LOL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have L

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)

Call CPS this must stop now!!!

 My daughter, my oldest, the one I am a taxi for has had a ride to AND FROM several places where she was supposed to catch a ride home from this week. The library, she said she had a ride home, then the ride "left without her". The mall, I told her she'd be picked up by Tim when he got off work, and they were COLD and her friend had FLIP FLOPS on and no one came to the mall so can I get them now... She stayed the night at a friends and instead of waiting for friends mom to bring her home, she HAD to be picked up by 1 so she could go to a friends...  That friends? She was supposed to walk HOME from and she called for a ride.  So today it was lovely out. 65 or so out, sunny. School was out and Tim had to get the other kids first, as he stayed for a play Hannah was in... Well he did not pick up Destiny. I told her she could walk. For 30 min. I am NOT KIDDING 30 MIN. She sent him and I text after text asking to pick her up.  PLEASE I will clean, I cleaned my room, its &qu