Skip to main content

Pretty good lookin' man... Pretty grounded boy.

 Today at work this man came in. He's a regular customer. He was chatting about how he'd went to get his chew, and the lady asked to see his ID. Once she read his ID she looked at him and told him You look pretty good for a man of almost 67 years! He told her thank you and said that he asked for 2 cans instead... Later on that night he and his wife were at dinner. He was telling her about the compliment he received, earlier in the day at the smoke shop. Oh I know which store you went to! His wife told him You do? he said Which one? The one that old BLIND lady works in! his wife replied. I am pretty sure I could write a whole book, about nothing but funny stories I have heard from customers!

 Then when work is about over, I realize my son has walked away from home. Destiny was watching him and Hannah, when Bailey got upset and said he was going to walk to daddy's work. Destiny blew him off and I guess figured he'd walked to the gas station with his 5$ prize left from the tooth fairy last night.

 At 2pm my mom calls, asking if I had Bailey now. He had been up at HER WORK getting a soda!? You have to cross like the busiest intersection IN our town to get to my moms work, which he is not allowed to do... As if  you didn't know this. Hell I dont even like to cross a street like that. O M G so of course all my hair is instantly grey. I have no brown left in my head.

 We found the boy, obviously or I would not be patiently sitting at my computer blogging. I would be frantic. So anyway turns out he went back to my moms work, and she called me. Tim went and got him. When I got home he was hiding under his desk. I talked to him and told him to get some lunch. We talked about what he could have done, when he was upset, and what he had BETTER do the next time, instead of walking all over God know's where alone and nobody know it.

 Later he asked me to get him something, and I told him to do it himself, he said oh well I kind of thought I would not be allowed to leave my room for at least the night. Out of all my kids, Bailey is always the one who admits he was wrong, says he is sorry and really, honestly means it.

 So of course in the heat of it all, Destiny made time to ask all of facebook if they have seen her brother, who is missing...(and facebook is a good outlet for missing kids so it was not a dumb idea) I figure why not share with my blog, and facebook since they already know through Destiny. Promise even called, asking if Bailey was home, and seeming worried. Go figure. They do love each other, and even worry about one another. Huh. Who knew?!

 Oh and have I mentioned today is not even nearly over? Yeah its just now 4pm. I do believe I will partake in some pucker and diet sprite here shortly... They have driven me to drinking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

So Whats up with my oddly normal life?

 Huh huh? Cus it seems that I am never ever updating my blog these days. I am such a sloth!  Things happen and I think how I should blog about them and then I figure they are not really so interesting if you were not here. Then I remember I blog for me, not really for someone else. I want to be able to remember things, to come back and go oh yeah... Those were the days. Or whatever. I can't do that if I don't blog it.  I am going to try to be more regular with the blogs again, even if its what I made for dinner, and  how my husband kept me up snoring. If it doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it right!? :)  So whats been going on? the kids are growing. I got contacts, I am not sure how I feel about them just yet. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes I feel like I have an eye full of hair. Sometimes I can see great with them in, and other times everything is blurrier than when I had  them out. Meanwhile I wear my scratched up glasses while ...