Skip to main content

Its helpful to read the directions....

 Yes sir. I know this. I have told myself this before. Made this mistake before. Silly me.

 Its just us girls tonight. Daddy and the littlest 2 went to grandpas and ended up staying the night. Lots of work to get done... The best grandpa/father in law ever, recently loaned us a nice amount of money to continue our home warranty for another year. In return Tim is to work his ass off!

 So with just us girls, we did what girls do best. Blared the radio, cleaned (well I did) and baked! Destiny made brownies, which I am proud to say I have only had ONE of. Promise and I made the dough for Cinnamon rolls. So after making the dough I was tired of reading the recipe online so I just wrote down the ingredients needed for the middle and for the icing.

 Dough done. I mix the brown sugar, Cinnamon and... butter. I look at it, its thin and water. Now I have never made from scratch cinnamon rolls, but I have seen it done, and the middle part, its normally much drier... Then it hits me. The butter is SPREAD on the rolled out dough and then the cin/sugar mix is crumbled onto that... OOOOOOOOOOOOPS so now I have cin/sugar/butter mixture that is about the consistency of frosting. I used it anyway. I hope they turn out. This is how they look after rising, before baking:


 Messy, but hopefully they turn out.

 So once again. It never hurts to read through the directions. Don't be in a hurry. Even if this works out it was VERY messy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have L

Sometimes I Wonder

 I wonder about God. I wonder how everyone says "God will never give you more than you can handle" I have been given some hurdles in life, and sure, I got through them, but did I really handle them the way they should have been handled? Sometimes I am pretty sure, even though I made it through, it was indeed more, than I could handle.  The main example of this. My children. Four. Seriously? God? Did you really see in me, someone with the patience for four children? Some days, no, that is a lie, MOST days, I do not feel worthy. Most days I am certain I have failed somewhere  Somehow every day I make a mistake, sure sometimes its a small one, but sometimes its a major one and I wonder... What was God thinking???  I just hope I guess, on that day that I make my way to the top (I hope I go to the top) that God explains to me exactly what his plan was for me, and I hope he tells me I got it somewhat right, even though I felt like I was messing up 90% of the time.  So tonig

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)