Skip to main content

When your Banana tells you your fat....

 You know its time to get your ass in gear. Seriously. Wow. I go to have breakfast this morning and this is what I am confronted with



 Today is also my baby girl, Promise's birthday. The big ELEVEN. Wow. Eleven years ago, her little but was the wrong way inside me and so they were doing a C-Section to get her out (a month late nearly, little stinker)

 I remember when they pulled her out and the doctor stated, "Looks like its a girl!" I remember thinking, he said LOOKS like a girl, not that it IS a girl. I was convinced she would be a boy the whole 10 months! :OP~~

 They took her to clean her off, weigh her and then, because I was unable, they handed her to her daddy... she was crying, and when he brought her over to me and I spoke to the most adorable bundle in pink... She instantly quit. She quit crying. She knew me. I was her mama, she knew that voice and just hearing it, stopped her cries.

Eleven short years have gone by and things have changed so much. One thing has stayed the same. Promise has stayed the most adorable, smart, and creative child she has always been. Her world is filled with rainbows and butterflies, long legged people, hearts. She is always optimistic about her situation, even with being the middle child and I am sure the often neglected one. She shines.

I see wonderful, things happening for her in her life. I only hope I can give her the values and things she needs to let her make her path in life. My baby girl grows into a young woman right in front of my eyes, and its a hard, and wonderful thing to watch happen.

Grandma made her a cheese cake, and tomorrow we will go out for dinner. This weekend she's inviting some friends to go and do something, and a sleepover I guess. Yipee! Here's to eleven years my baby girl. Keep on being great, and being you. Your wonderful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Its not always 50/50

 Sometimes one person has to hold up more weight than the other does. Lately I feel as though I am that person holding the extra weight. Lately I have been wishing I was not that person. I feel like I am being spread a bit too thin... I also feel like no matter how many times I try to explain myself, it does not matter.  So I will just keep waiting, and hopefully eventually someone will come and take a few books off of my stack. Take a load off. Help me out. Chip in. You get it? I am sure you do. Now if only other people did as well.  God doesnt give you more than you can handle. I wonder sometimes if He thinks the load he's giving me is being more evenly distributed than it is... Maybe he can review my case :)

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...