Skip to main content

A very big day today!


Today my boys had to get up at 3am and leave for Little Rock Children's Hospital.

 Bailey had the surgery to remove the port that was put in just over 5 years ago for his chemo and blood work and IV fluids. He has done so well, been in remission for 5 years this new years eve!!! So we no longer need the port in place! Today is a very big day. Nearly as big as when he ate his last chemo pill!!!



 That little boy has come a long way. Such a long way. Faced so many scary things, and never seemed to let it affect who he is and who he will be. Now that his port is gone, there is NOTHING about him that is any different from any other child out there!

 He's such a big boy and he is truly my biggest hero. I love my boo and cannot wait to have him and daddy back home from Children's safe and sound, and get the first "portless" hug from my boy in 5 years!




 Of course, because he is a boy, he wanted to save it. So there it is. The thing that allowed him many doses of chemo and gave him blood, and platelets, and fluids... out now! WOOT!

Comments

  1. I don't know you but enjoy your posts on IOW.... enjoying your blog now too. Congratulations on your wonderful boy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

So Whats up with my oddly normal life?

 Huh huh? Cus it seems that I am never ever updating my blog these days. I am such a sloth!  Things happen and I think how I should blog about them and then I figure they are not really so interesting if you were not here. Then I remember I blog for me, not really for someone else. I want to be able to remember things, to come back and go oh yeah... Those were the days. Or whatever. I can't do that if I don't blog it.  I am going to try to be more regular with the blogs again, even if its what I made for dinner, and  how my husband kept me up snoring. If it doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it right!? :)  So whats been going on? the kids are growing. I got contacts, I am not sure how I feel about them just yet. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes I feel like I have an eye full of hair. Sometimes I can see great with them in, and other times everything is blurrier than when I had  them out. Meanwhile I wear my scratched up glasses while ...