Skip to main content

Who's Your Daddy???

So I am a waitress. For those who might be unaware. I have been a waitress, most of my working life now. I am good at it and most the time I love it, so its what I do. 

  Now when you are a waitress nine times out of ten you do not know the people you are waiting on names. So you say "Sir, would you like a refill on your drink?" "Ma'am, can I take your plate?" "How is everything going today ladies?" Ect ect. Generall names that could apply to pretty much anyone. Right?

 Lately my new thing has been calling parents that come in with a child "mom, and dad" "Ok dad and what do you want on your pizza today?" ect ect. Seemed to have worked out okay and I do not feel like such a broken record. Plus I often get the "DONT CALL ME MA'AM it makes me feel old" so its like what DO I call you???

 Yesterday a group of men came in, in hunting attire. Four of them, then a few moments later, a man and his daughter came and joined them. "Hey dad, what can I get for you and the little one to drink today" I asked. I got their drinks and later when bringing the pizza I said "Dad, you got supreme, right?" Yes he did and so I handed him his pizza.

 Even later yet, I asked them if they needed refills, (dad) seemed to need one but no one was really paying attention to the waitress... "Dad" I said to get his attention "Would you like anymore rootbeer?"

 His little girl, red haired, and full of fire you could just tell, well she'd been giving me the evil eye everytime I went back there, but it was not until this time that she gave me it even more, she looked at me  like I have not been looked at before by a little red haired girl. Just as striaght forward and as sick of me as she could be she said "Quit, calling him DAD."

 I think that, maybe she thought I thought he was MY dad.... Or just me calling him dad was absurd to her, and well, I guess now that I look at it, it kind of is. So no more mom and dad for the customers for me. Back to sir and Ma'am I suppose... Maybe a "dude, and sweetie" now and then :OP~~


 So that is my little daily does of "As the Pizza Turns" for today. I hope you enjoyed it. 

 I also did a little life saving today. Yep. That is right, I donated blood again. This time my iron was high enough to do it!!! Just by the hair of my chin though! 12.5 why is my iron down?? I have always had really good iron levels. Hmmph. Today I got a shirt as a thank you for my donation :) YAY! 


 So who's your mama! :OP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

So Whats up with my oddly normal life?

 Huh huh? Cus it seems that I am never ever updating my blog these days. I am such a sloth!  Things happen and I think how I should blog about them and then I figure they are not really so interesting if you were not here. Then I remember I blog for me, not really for someone else. I want to be able to remember things, to come back and go oh yeah... Those were the days. Or whatever. I can't do that if I don't blog it.  I am going to try to be more regular with the blogs again, even if its what I made for dinner, and  how my husband kept me up snoring. If it doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it right!? :)  So whats been going on? the kids are growing. I got contacts, I am not sure how I feel about them just yet. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes I feel like I have an eye full of hair. Sometimes I can see great with them in, and other times everything is blurrier than when I had  them out. Meanwhile I wear my scratched up glasses while ...