Skip to main content

nothing like a 2 am wake up call....

From the police station.

 D-girl was staying the night at a friends. A friend who has a bit of a not so great reputation in my eyes already anyway. Half way through the night I started having a "mom-dar" feeling that things were not quite right. I texted D-girl (name changed to protect the innocent) and asked if she was alive, she said yes. Still before I went to sleep my "mom-dar" was going off. I fell asleep anyway... Until 2 am.

 RING RING.... RING RING... Number I do not know but its 2am and two of my children are staying the night out so I answer. This is Denise with Rogers PD. Do you have a daughter D****y D****n? O M G if you are ever out of coffee, just have the cops call you telling you they have your daughter. You will wake up quicker than having downed an entire pot through IV fluids. Trust me.

 Of course they cannot tell me what has happened, or even if she is okay. Just where she is and that I need to come and get her. Of course I have to tell them things like what I am going to be driving and how long I should be... So I drive there, half way unable to see wondering what the hell has just gone down. Is she hurt, was she raped, I convince myself that if either were the case, she would have been being picked up from the hospital, not a cop car... So then I get a bit angry. Is she drunk, high, was she hurting someone else, breaking in to cars... I am almost to the location they told me to go to, and they call telling me they have CHANGED Locations. I am to go there now. O M G this has already been the longest drive of my life.

 I pull into the parking lot of the park and I see my daughter, back seat of a cop car... I thought about taking a photo to send to her dad, proud moment baby. She gets out and immediately she's her normal perky self. Excited even she got to ride in the back of a cop car. She was not doing anything wrong, just walking the streets at 2am and in Rogers, there is no set curfew so it is not illegal to do. However it is not safe, and the police felt they needed to go home, which is why they called. Now WHY could they have not told me that over the phone????

 So I do not think I will get grey hairs over this, pretty sure I am just going to start balding now instead. Which is fine, I have very thick hair to begin with.

 So I brought my daughter home, we set our own PERSONAL curfew for her, and she will NOT again in her life until she is over 18 stay with T-Girl again. This is not the first time I've had a 2am call to pick her up from someplace she was not supposed to be whilst staying with T-Girl. At least though, the last call was from HER and not the police.

 So then once I got home, my pot of "cop coffee" was still kicked in and I could not fall asleep to save my own life. My husband, however was blissfully snoring before I even got home with the girl.... Must be nice. So I listened to my book, and my husband saw logs, when I finally moved to another bed at around 4 because he was snoring so loudly.... Which woke him up and irritated him. So sorry.

 SO the rest of my day today has GOT to be better. I am not leaving the house, and no cops better call. All my kids are home with me and I am still jittery from my "cop coffee".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have L

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)

Call CPS this must stop now!!!

 My daughter, my oldest, the one I am a taxi for has had a ride to AND FROM several places where she was supposed to catch a ride home from this week. The library, she said she had a ride home, then the ride "left without her". The mall, I told her she'd be picked up by Tim when he got off work, and they were COLD and her friend had FLIP FLOPS on and no one came to the mall so can I get them now... She stayed the night at a friends and instead of waiting for friends mom to bring her home, she HAD to be picked up by 1 so she could go to a friends...  That friends? She was supposed to walk HOME from and she called for a ride.  So today it was lovely out. 65 or so out, sunny. School was out and Tim had to get the other kids first, as he stayed for a play Hannah was in... Well he did not pick up Destiny. I told her she could walk. For 30 min. I am NOT KIDDING 30 MIN. She sent him and I text after text asking to pick her up.  PLEASE I will clean, I cleaned my room, its &qu