Skip to main content

GRUMPY OLD MAN.

 No. I am not talking about my husband (HA!!!)

 TGIF. I don't really feel that way anymore, Friday's are now my long day, where I either work a split shift, or just straight through, 12 hours. Either way it makes for a long, and not so thankful Friday. Regardless of all that.

 Tonight we did not get very busy. Were not taking many delivery orders due to the snow, and not many people want to venture out I suppose, to go and eat pizza. I did however get 2 tables almost at one time this evening. First table and elderly couple. Second, a woman, with her mother and 2 small children. I took the order for the older couple "Large thin, DOUBLE peperoni, and make sure the peperoni's are ON TOP of the cheese, not under... I am not sure how you make your pizza, but I want the peperoni on top." I assured them  the peperoni would be on top, and then asked if I could get them anything else tonight. "Yes, you can tell that woman over there, to get her little BOOGER MONGER to get his hands out of the food!!!" The old man says to me. At first I did not understand what he even meant, what IS a booger monger? I look over, and I see her little boy, at the salad bar, using TONGS I might add, to get himself something, without his mother.

 I did not feel the need, to go to the mother and tell her anything. This is her child and I did not see his fingers in anything at all... So into the kitchen I went to make sure no cheese covered the peperoni. I hear the old lady hissing something to the little boy at one point, and when I went to the woman with the kids table latert, the mother told me "That old lady needs to mind her own business"  I felt very caught in the middle of things.

 Once the old man and his wife got the pizza, which they seemed happy with, due to precise placement of peperoni.... They did seem to get a little less annoyed with the world around them. Maybe their blood sugar was low? Regardless, I got 3 dollars as my tip, so I must have done something right :)

 Then the lady with the mom and the kids started chatting with me, after all we were the only ones in the place. Why not? She was telling me she had lap band surgery and could not even eat but one slice of pizza... although she'd just finished off a giant plate of salad before that slice, so I am thinking even I, non lap band would have been full. She then felt the need to tell me that she had to "Use the bathroom" after eating just that one slice, because she had overeaten, and that, was something that sometimes happens. Um. Wow. Thanks!

 So here it is. 11 o'clock at night. 12 hours until I get to go back to work again. I am already mourning my lost weekend... Is it Monday yet? I need another snow day! Oh and the tires flat. Yeah... Out in the garage Tim kept hearing a funny sound called me out there to figure it out. Air, escaping from a tire, that is what I found the sound to be. So the "extra" money I worked this weekend to earn... Will be buying tires.

 Gotta love the way life works! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have L

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)

Call CPS this must stop now!!!

 My daughter, my oldest, the one I am a taxi for has had a ride to AND FROM several places where she was supposed to catch a ride home from this week. The library, she said she had a ride home, then the ride "left without her". The mall, I told her she'd be picked up by Tim when he got off work, and they were COLD and her friend had FLIP FLOPS on and no one came to the mall so can I get them now... She stayed the night at a friends and instead of waiting for friends mom to bring her home, she HAD to be picked up by 1 so she could go to a friends...  That friends? She was supposed to walk HOME from and she called for a ride.  So today it was lovely out. 65 or so out, sunny. School was out and Tim had to get the other kids first, as he stayed for a play Hannah was in... Well he did not pick up Destiny. I told her she could walk. For 30 min. I am NOT KIDDING 30 MIN. She sent him and I text after text asking to pick her up.  PLEASE I will clean, I cleaned my room, its &qu