Skip to main content

Changing my name to Dad....

 I swear. MOM... MOM... MOM... MO-OM. WHY is it always mom? I know when I am old and the kids are gone, that my blogs will all talk about how lonely I am and how much I miss the pitter patter, and the mom's I used to hear... I know this but it does not change the fact that today I have been "mommed" to death.

 So I am changing my name to dad. Dad does not get asked to bring in toilet paper, rinse shampooed hair, find the lost earring, whats for dinner, bring a towel, dad gets to sit and not get called for any of that. Its unfair and so I want to be called dad, from this point forward.

 My Promise Michelle had her Birthday party this weekend. She is now 12. "One more year and I will be a teenager" she reminded me. She already acts like one, so... I am not so afraid, I know what I am about to deal with I suppose...

 So twelve. A sleepover party. Two girls, plus the other girls each had a friend over. That makes for 8 children in my house, ALL WEEKEND. ALL calling MOM. Oh yes but back to the turning twelve. I cannot believe she has made it this far!

 Promise is her own person. She is strong willed and she is stubborn. She can hold a grudge for as long as humanly possible if she wants to. If she is mad at someone, she is mad at the world. My mother says that Promise and I are very alike, and that is why we clash. Maybe she is right.

 Promise is also a very smart, super intelligent young lady. She can carry on a conversation, write the most detailed story, and drive you crazy with questioning everything.

 Promise I am going to assume will be a lawyer when she grows up. She can argue and argue. She can go from knowing it all, to blond in .6 seconds. She is a super cool person and I cannot wait to see what she does with her life. I expect wonderful things from her, she is creative, caring, loving, sensitive and so smart. I love that girl and I cannot believe its been twelve years since she came into this world, stubborn even that day, breech and nearly a month over due. I should have known what I was in for then!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

So Whats up with my oddly normal life?

 Huh huh? Cus it seems that I am never ever updating my blog these days. I am such a sloth!  Things happen and I think how I should blog about them and then I figure they are not really so interesting if you were not here. Then I remember I blog for me, not really for someone else. I want to be able to remember things, to come back and go oh yeah... Those were the days. Or whatever. I can't do that if I don't blog it.  I am going to try to be more regular with the blogs again, even if its what I made for dinner, and  how my husband kept me up snoring. If it doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it right!? :)  So whats been going on? the kids are growing. I got contacts, I am not sure how I feel about them just yet. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes I feel like I have an eye full of hair. Sometimes I can see great with them in, and other times everything is blurrier than when I had  them out. Meanwhile I wear my scratched up glasses while ...