Skip to main content

A very special Birthday Boy

 My boo. Bailey-Boo our little nickname for him once he grew out of the "monkey toes" he had as a newborn.

 Bailey was born on a very stormy afternoon. Thunder was going on outside, and there I was stuck in a hospital bed, watching a baby story on TLC which the nurses all called me crazy for. Call me crazy all you want, birth, giving birth and just the idea of it, is awesome to me. Giving birth myself I still cannot believe that a new life, was created from within my own body.

 Bailey was born sound asleep. After some complications with his oldest sister, not hearing him cry made me a bit nervous. "Why isn't he crying?" I asked a bit panicked. The doctor just held him in his arms, still between my legs and told me, calmly "He's just sleepin'" Well wake him up!!!



 That is kind of how Bailey went from then on. A pretty laid back kid for the most part. He liked to eat, he liked to sleep, he liked to play and learned early to walk and crawl (AND CLIMB!) whatever he could do to get into what his sisters were doing. He got into so much trouble. It was obvious boys were different than girls!



 When Bailey was about 3 and a half he got very sick. He was not eating, and he just looked off. Something was wrong with him. Something bad. We took him to the doctor and found out he had cancer. We were told to go to Childrens hospital, RIGHT away. His diagnosis was that he had the type of cancer, that if you wanted to have any kind, which no one does... This was the kind to have. It was at the time I believe 90% curable rate. Still though, knowing there is a 10% chance your child might not make it. That is hard.

 The day he went into remission we celebrate happiness more so than when he was born, and the day he had his last chemo pill, another big milestone.


 So needless to say, birthdays are important to us for all the kids. Although another year with the boo. Seeing him grow, watching him live life as any kid would. Knowing that he is different and knowing what he's been through, its just a little bit more special and even amazing to blow out an added candle on another year of life.

 For Bailey's birthday we took a picnic dinner to the lake. This weekend he's having a get together with a few friends, some hot dogs, some party games, and a cake. We will have a wonderful celebration and I will count my blessings along with those candles and the years we have been able to spend with Bailey.

 Bailey is an amazing little boy. He cares very deeply about everything. He cares for animals, and babies, and loves to help his neighbors or anyone who needs help. He always gets upset at the dr. when he hears another child cry and knows, they are getting pokes.

 He said that he would give us a loan from his birthday money (the boy was high rolin') He also offered to buy the dogs flea medication with his birthday money. He puts others needs ahead of his own, so often. He is just an awesome boy. Anyone that has met him, thinks so. He is a great friend, big brother, and the most wonderful son I could have asked for.

 I love you bailey-boo. Happy 9th birthday. Keep on living life to the fullest and keep on enjoying each day and thank you Lord, for letting him celebrate with us.

Comments

  1. I cannot believe that Bailey is 9! That just doesn't seem possible. I remember the day he got diagnosed with cancer and how scared we all were for you and to see him now. . . . . it's so wonderful seeing how healthy and good Bailey looks and knowing that he made it through to the other side of a scary diagnosis. So happy for you and your family, and happy birthday precious Bailey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have L

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)

Call CPS this must stop now!!!

 My daughter, my oldest, the one I am a taxi for has had a ride to AND FROM several places where she was supposed to catch a ride home from this week. The library, she said she had a ride home, then the ride "left without her". The mall, I told her she'd be picked up by Tim when he got off work, and they were COLD and her friend had FLIP FLOPS on and no one came to the mall so can I get them now... She stayed the night at a friends and instead of waiting for friends mom to bring her home, she HAD to be picked up by 1 so she could go to a friends...  That friends? She was supposed to walk HOME from and she called for a ride.  So today it was lovely out. 65 or so out, sunny. School was out and Tim had to get the other kids first, as he stayed for a play Hannah was in... Well he did not pick up Destiny. I told her she could walk. For 30 min. I am NOT KIDDING 30 MIN. She sent him and I text after text asking to pick her up.  PLEASE I will clean, I cleaned my room, its &qu