Skip to main content

Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll

 Oh wow. How life passes by so quickly. In just a blink of an eye kids grow. I found an old archive photo C.D. with pictures of my kids. I spent a good day going through the photos and just being in awe. How much I have changed, my husband, where we have lived, how we lived, mostly though, I was in awe over my kids.

 At one point in time they KISSED each other!!! Loved each other, and would even pose and let me dress them up!!! That is no more! HA! Even my best friends kids I seen pictures of and its just like WOW. Its only been a few short years, and yet the kids used to be BABIES and now they are teens, tweens, in school, snotty and all that. No more babies.


 I found out that my friends daughter, is now doing "grown up" things. Its her life, she's 16 (going on 24 right) and she thinks she knows it all, I remember being there, and I remember getting pregnant and not finishing school too. I knew the risks involved, I took the risks. It was my problem and although things were rough, I think I did a good job. I am not saying my friends daughter couldn't but I look at her just as I look at my own kids and I see a baby. I do not see a child that could put someone elses needs in front of her own for sure. I see a self involved teen that wants to spend 20.00 on make up and 40 on a pair of jeans. I wish I could somehow give her the wisdom we all lack at that age. Sex is not that great, especially not when your worried about if he's going to dump you, if your doing it right, if you might get pregnant ect. ect. ect. Its much funner when your married, allowed and know he's stuck with ya ;o)

 So when I am having a "Text" Conversation with my teen about this, she tells me she does not give in to peer pressure, and then lets me know she's been asked to smoke, do drugs and have sex, and declined each offer. Now don't get me wrong I am VERY pleased she has turned the offers down, but just knowing she's been OFFERED??? Makes me want to shit myself, and then grab her and never let her out of the house again. Did I say I would never homeschool??? I might change my mind on that one.

 SO I have to say I think, so far, I have raised a pretty great kid. Pretty great kids. Sure they try to kill each other, tell me they hate me, make big messes and talk back and turn into snots half the time... but they are good kids. I love them and I am lucky to have them. Sometimes I forget what life might be like and how dull it would be without them.

 Where does rock and roll come in on this blog? It doesn't. It just made for a catchy title.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

So Whats up with my oddly normal life?

 Huh huh? Cus it seems that I am never ever updating my blog these days. I am such a sloth!  Things happen and I think how I should blog about them and then I figure they are not really so interesting if you were not here. Then I remember I blog for me, not really for someone else. I want to be able to remember things, to come back and go oh yeah... Those were the days. Or whatever. I can't do that if I don't blog it.  I am going to try to be more regular with the blogs again, even if its what I made for dinner, and  how my husband kept me up snoring. If it doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it right!? :)  So whats been going on? the kids are growing. I got contacts, I am not sure how I feel about them just yet. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes I feel like I have an eye full of hair. Sometimes I can see great with them in, and other times everything is blurrier than when I had  them out. Meanwhile I wear my scratched up glasses while ...