Skip to main content

I was so ready for the weekend to be over...

Until I got to work. Isn't it funny how that works. I miss my kids, and my husband like crazy when I am gone, up until they are with me for 10 min or so. HA!

 This weekend was one of the craziest I have had. Teenagers. 2 more years for the one. 2 more stinkin' years. She's counting down the seconds, and I am starting to count them down as well. I love her, but Lord have Mercy she caused me more grey hairs this weekend alone than I have gotten all my life.

 Then I get to work. I am told that others think I do not do enough at work, or that I get away with so much. Because, I once again, forgot to put up my damn pasta noodles I cooked for pasta salads... So someone else had to do it for me. I have done many things for other people, yes I might have bitched about it, but I did it.

 So sorry that after a slammin busy lunch where afterwards I emptied the entire ice bin, dumping 10 gallon buckets of ice/water out 15 times.... I forgot to put up a collinder of boiled pasta 3 feet away into the cooler, and you had to do it for me. Really. I am sorry.

 Today was a normal Monday, pretty much. Here is what I did, for shits and giggles:

 Unlock door, alarm, clocked in

 Turn on all lights
 Put up a rack of glasses that were left from the prior night
 wash a rack that was not washed yet
 Get salad bar out of cooler
 Dump most everything because it looks like shit
 Fill everything back up
 Pull eggs from the freezer becuase they were not pulled for me, now I have to thaw them
 Cut up veggies for the bar, and for back ups for the bar
 Flip and clean all the salad bar things... Do 3 loads of dishes in order to get this task done
 Make a pasta salad
 Lunch Rush
 Wait on about 40 tables this entails:
 Taking an order, putting it in a computer, taking out drinks, filling those drinks, taking out the food (I did get help with this, thank you boss mans!)
 Clear 40 some odd tables of all dishes and food take them to the back (Also thank you for the help with this)
 Print tickets for 20 of my 40 tables (too busy to do them all)
 Collect money, credit cards and checks for about 20 of those tables, bosses helped here too
 Wipe all those tables
 SWEEP under all those tables
 FILL parmesean shakers up on about 10 tables
 Clean salad bar glass
 Fill salad bar back up
 clean salad bar
 sweep around salad bar
 clean toilets, bathroom sinks, and mirrors
 Take out bathroom trash
 Clean font window glass
 Clean out kitchen dish sink after finishing up, and putting up dishes
 Clean out kitchen sink trap thing
 Settle out all my credit card tips
 Check what produce is needed
 Call and order that produce
 Thank God I am now able to clock out in time, to get my kids from school

 I did not get around to filling the coke cooler, that was left empty or filling  up the sugars in my section or making the pico or macaroni salad, or boiling potatoes, or writing down the recipes for the salads I make that I have done 20 times before... I guess I really am a slacker.

 Oh and then when I got home, I sorted out clean laundry, took my son shopping for his clothes (with the tips I made working my ass off today) got dinner (didnt cook, I AM a slacker) cleaned the litter box, and washed 3 more loads of laundry.

 Oh and I took my dogs for a walk, watered the plants, made my daughter a doctors appointment, confirmed my dental appointment for tomorrow, and played a few games of draw something with firiends online.

 I know I could do more than I do. I know I could bitch less than I do. But DAMMIT I do a lot of shit that other people don't at work, and here at home. I work hard for my money and I CARE about my job. That should mean something, and hearing that others think I leave messes, or don't have to do anything because I am a kiss ass or why ever they think I get away with anything... Is dead wrong. I pull my weight, I slack off too, but not any more than anyone else, and it HURTS a little to think that people think that. I Just had to get it off my chest.

 This has been a stressful week, for things not really blogable.... (is blogable a word) I am ready for it to settle down a bit. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have L

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)

Call CPS this must stop now!!!

 My daughter, my oldest, the one I am a taxi for has had a ride to AND FROM several places where she was supposed to catch a ride home from this week. The library, she said she had a ride home, then the ride "left without her". The mall, I told her she'd be picked up by Tim when he got off work, and they were COLD and her friend had FLIP FLOPS on and no one came to the mall so can I get them now... She stayed the night at a friends and instead of waiting for friends mom to bring her home, she HAD to be picked up by 1 so she could go to a friends...  That friends? She was supposed to walk HOME from and she called for a ride.  So today it was lovely out. 65 or so out, sunny. School was out and Tim had to get the other kids first, as he stayed for a play Hannah was in... Well he did not pick up Destiny. I told her she could walk. For 30 min. I am NOT KIDDING 30 MIN. She sent him and I text after text asking to pick her up.  PLEASE I will clean, I cleaned my room, its &qu