Skip to main content

Back to school, back to blogging?

 Seems like I just did not have a lot of time with all four kids home. No time to blog about the goofy silly things they did. Some nights I would think about it, but fall asleep before I actually had time to post. I would wake up the next day going... What was it they said yesterday that was so funny???

 I hate that. I hate not remembering the funny or embarrassing things they have done to themselves others, or to me for that matter... This blog has preserved many of those moments, in time. When I am looking for resources for black mail I can just come back through my blog archives and find some. So I must keep up with this. I must!

 School is back in session. This year my baby is a FRESHMAN. Yes that is highschool. The school is probably 12 times bigger than the one that I went to. She has already learned her way around and gets to her classes on time... Wow. Amazing. Number 4 is swearing that this year is her year. Keep her grades up, study and do well... after all in 2 short years she could be driving if those grades stay up. Lord help us all, stay off the sidewalks!

 Number 3 started middle school the same day. As you can imagion this was a hard day for mom. I did not think it would be, when hubbers asked me "are you going to cry" I told him matter of factly "This is NOT kindergarten hon".

 Boy was I right. This was not kindergarten. This is HIGH school AND middle school. Big schools. Lockers. Lunch rooms. Bullies. The big wide world of everything out there... The world is a scary place to Me most the time, yet my kids seem to embrace its bigness, and go with the flow.

  So first it was Promise. Off on her way to middle. Backpack stuffed full of those first day supplies. On her bike, off to 6th grade. I watched her ride her bike down the road to the school, wobbling a little for a moment as she almost looked back... Or I thought she looked back. Maybe I just wished she would have... She no longer needed to look back, she knows I am there, and she knows I will be when she needs me... So I guess I have done something right, but does she realize I need her sometimes too???

 I wanted to cry. Hubbers was still home though so after my little kindergarten comment I knew I had to keep myself composed. I was able to do so.

 Then Hubber and the other little kids (1 and 2) went off to school. They had already been going for a couple weeks so this I had already adjusted to. 2nd and 4th grades are not too dramatic anyway.

 Then it was bus stop time for number 4. The big highschool bus. A house to myself once she leaves. A house that will stay JUST the way I left it before I went to work.... A moment I had SO been looking forward to most the summer... Now I dreaded in a way. My baby, the bus, high school... It happened, and somehow I missed it. I did not see her even get on the bus.

 I texted her to ask if it got her (duh it got her) and yes there was  cute boy riding the bus already. The day for her was wonderful already. That was it for me... I cried.

 What if a kid on the bus was mean. What if number 3 could not get her locker opened, what if she fell off the bike after she was out of my sight. What if either one could not find their classes??? What if they needed me and I was not there? Where did my babies GO? How is it possible that they were now high school and middle school, when just yesterday it was preschool and they were clawing at my legs begging me not to leave them, when they were rushing home to see me, smiling faces, big hugs, "missed you mama".

 Its crazy how time can just fly by. Even though your sometimes watching the clock and it seems to be going so slowly then suddenly days, months even years have passed, and you wonder how, when it seemed like the second hand was dragging... Time is a crazy thing, it plays tricks on you.

 So here is to my kids. The reason for my blogging. The reason for the memories I want so badly to preserve and remember. The reason for my gray hair, and for my laughter, and my stress load. The reason for my heart swelling with love and pride and joy. The reason I get up every morning and the reason I am so doggon tired when I hit the sack.

 Go into that big world, and don't worry about looking back. I am right here if you need me. Forever and always. Live life to its fullest, Love what you do, laugh as much as you can, even if at yourself, have fun and be who you want to be! Watching you grow although scary and too fast, always amazes me. I am so glad that I am able to be the mother to four wonderful children!

Comments

  1. So sweet Clorie. :) I can't imagine having one in middle school and one in high school. :( I'm sure it was a really tough day for you. You will get through those days with your typical class and grace though! You are a wonderful Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have L

Sleep IN Sundays!!!

My kids know this rule. For the most part. Sundays Mama sleeps in. Get yourself cereal, be quiet and get along... Then I go and do something foolish, like allow 3 of 4 kids to have a friend over, which makes SEVEN kids in one house. One of which, apparently did NOT know the sleep in Sunday rule, even in the SLIGHTEST :o/ Of course when one kid wakes up, or at least this kid wakes up. ALL the kids are up. This did, help my ease of getting them all in bed this evening, but even so! ACK! The weekend went well. We spent time together at the park. All but Destiny of course, who has her own life now. I took some pictures I really liked. I am too lazy to post them here. If you want to see them you can go here. www.flickr.com/clorissasue Anyway that is all I have for now. I started a new blog, you can see it here . It will be for cooking, and recipes and such. This one will be kept for kids and life and bitching :) Just what I needed. Something more to do :)

Call CPS this must stop now!!!

 My daughter, my oldest, the one I am a taxi for has had a ride to AND FROM several places where she was supposed to catch a ride home from this week. The library, she said she had a ride home, then the ride "left without her". The mall, I told her she'd be picked up by Tim when he got off work, and they were COLD and her friend had FLIP FLOPS on and no one came to the mall so can I get them now... She stayed the night at a friends and instead of waiting for friends mom to bring her home, she HAD to be picked up by 1 so she could go to a friends...  That friends? She was supposed to walk HOME from and she called for a ride.  So today it was lovely out. 65 or so out, sunny. School was out and Tim had to get the other kids first, as he stayed for a play Hannah was in... Well he did not pick up Destiny. I told her she could walk. For 30 min. I am NOT KIDDING 30 MIN. She sent him and I text after text asking to pick her up.  PLEASE I will clean, I cleaned my room, its &qu