Skip to main content

All Nighters

 For some reason, the past month or so, my kids, especially the youngest 2, have been obsessed with staying up all night.


I was thinking about this today. I thought to myself, and thankfully not out loud, "I remember when staying up all night was cool!" Now I am lucky to be up at midnight, and normally wanting for my bed around 10pm. I even fell asleep one year on New Years BEFORE the ball dropped! Then it hit me. All this, OMG. I am OLD!

 I remember my parents, getting onto us at sleepovers. Time to go to sleep, lights out, bedtime! Over and over. Still giggles and squeaks came out of us all night. We TRIED to be quiet!!! Now its me. I am the old, no fun, "Grown up" who wants the kids to go to sleep, who is so past ready for bed, who is wishing she never said yes to the sleepover.... Then I understand why my parents were always hesitant to tell me or my friends yes to sleepovers...  I understand now.

 I am old. I am a mom. I am no longer "fun, or cool". And I am ok with it, I think. Maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Its not always 50/50

 Sometimes one person has to hold up more weight than the other does. Lately I feel as though I am that person holding the extra weight. Lately I have been wishing I was not that person. I feel like I am being spread a bit too thin... I also feel like no matter how many times I try to explain myself, it does not matter.  So I will just keep waiting, and hopefully eventually someone will come and take a few books off of my stack. Take a load off. Help me out. Chip in. You get it? I am sure you do. Now if only other people did as well.  God doesnt give you more than you can handle. I wonder sometimes if He thinks the load he's giving me is being more evenly distributed than it is... Maybe he can review my case :)

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...