Skip to main content

The bad thing about a long weekend...

 For some reason you just really do not want to go back to work! Or school!

 This weekend turned out to be really nice. The kids had friends over Saturday. I was NOT a taxi all weekend long, the friends SLEPT IN on Sunday for me... Ahhhh.

 We went to my Father and Mother in laws house for Labor Day on Sunday. I always love going there. The kids also enjoy it. Takes them at least a couple hours before they decide they are bored. We ate a nice dinner and then searched for crickets and worms and went fishing in the neighbors pond. We did not catch anything, which made Bailey mad (lol) but it was nice anyway. The kids got to ride in the BACK of the TRUCK! You would have thought we just took them to the fair! On the way back the dogs tried to beat us and the kids just hooted and hollered!!! It was great!

 Destiny picked Bills brain about Democracy for this report she has to do. If she is a winner, she gets a WEEK LONG trip to DC! She has been working really really hard on this. I hope that she gets it. The other kids are rooting for her to win it also, but only because she will be "gone for a week". Sibling love. Its a wonderful thing!

 Today I went and got groceries, and Promise and I got our ears pierced "up top". Woot! The kids all got along fairly well this weekend, which was also nice. Tim worked this evening so I was "home alone" with the kids. I think I did a swell job. All in bed (asleep) by 9:30.

 So I am off to start a new week. This week I plan on getting back on the short little track I was on with my running (well walk/jogging) So cheers, to a new, short week!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

So Whats up with my oddly normal life?

 Huh huh? Cus it seems that I am never ever updating my blog these days. I am such a sloth!  Things happen and I think how I should blog about them and then I figure they are not really so interesting if you were not here. Then I remember I blog for me, not really for someone else. I want to be able to remember things, to come back and go oh yeah... Those were the days. Or whatever. I can't do that if I don't blog it.  I am going to try to be more regular with the blogs again, even if its what I made for dinner, and  how my husband kept me up snoring. If it doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it right!? :)  So whats been going on? the kids are growing. I got contacts, I am not sure how I feel about them just yet. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes I feel like I have an eye full of hair. Sometimes I can see great with them in, and other times everything is blurrier than when I had  them out. Meanwhile I wear my scratched up glasses while ...