Skip to main content

Green Thumb

Or lets hope anyway.

 So this will be my first spring as a home owner. The start of gardening season! My neighbor who has an awesome garden has been getting things ready so I figured I should follow suit.

 So there is my little green house. Carrots and watermelon because that is what Hannah wanted to grow. Tomatoes because there is NOTHING quite like a garden tomato! Cucumbers because i wanted to try them.

 Next to the house, where flowers had been last year... I am planting Potatoes and onions. We shall see, it gets full sun, or so I thought but now after planting I notice the tree will at some point get leaves, and probably shade a good part of my plot... Either way, it was a nice time out in the dirt today. The kids even helped. Bailey played with a few worms, spread out some nice soil, got some rocks out... Hannah picked up weeds I had thrown, and garden tools and planted the onion bulbs with me.

 I am sore now, and really hoping that my hard work yields results!

 Tomorrow if it doesn't rain I plan on getting the garden bed ready to go. I got a full size shovel today so it should be a bit easier! I think that whole little plot will be taken up by our watermelons though... I am going to do the other plants in containers, near the fence so they can grow up it.

 I also got a thing of strawberries, rhubarb and asparagus, but I am unsure where and how to plant them. I need to research! I know the strawberries and asparagus will not even be ready to harvest this year, sadly... but MMMM for future years to come!!

 So that is what I have been up to pretty much all weekend. I had a house full of kids, but it was not so bad, because they played outside, and were good. This was a nice weekend. I am so very glad that spring is here. It was so nice having the windows open, and listening to my wind chimes, chime!

 hello spring, GOODBYE winter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Its not always 50/50

 Sometimes one person has to hold up more weight than the other does. Lately I feel as though I am that person holding the extra weight. Lately I have been wishing I was not that person. I feel like I am being spread a bit too thin... I also feel like no matter how many times I try to explain myself, it does not matter.  So I will just keep waiting, and hopefully eventually someone will come and take a few books off of my stack. Take a load off. Help me out. Chip in. You get it? I am sure you do. Now if only other people did as well.  God doesnt give you more than you can handle. I wonder sometimes if He thinks the load he's giving me is being more evenly distributed than it is... Maybe he can review my case :)

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...