Skip to main content

Home Ownership

Something I have always wanted, but never really thought would happen to me. For some reason, even though I am nearly 30 year old, and even though I have four children... Sometimes I feel as though I am still a child. Definately not a "grown up" by anymeans. This week though, I feel like a grown up.

About a month ago, we found out we qualified for a home loan, thanks to Tim (my loving husband) and his V.A. Benefits! So we started looking. We looked at probably 20 homes, but the second we went too, was the one that stuck in our minds. A couple weeks later, it would be the one we put an offer in on, and the one who's offer was ACCEPTED!

Inspection, all that went well. So we are now homeowners! We closed Monday. Its a very grown up feeling, walking into a home, that you OWN. Not that you rent. You own it. No one has the keys to it but YOU because its YOURS. Its a wonderful feeling. Wonderful.

So the house is nice, older and totally carpeted, totally. Still stuck in the 70's style for the most part, but we can change that, and in fact, we are! We tore up the carpet in the dinning room, and kitchen, and bathroom. We are changing the countertops, painting the cabinets, and we removed the "house and hearts" wall paper that was in the kitchen. SO currently the house looks as though we have nearly demolished it. Eleven days until we have to be out of our apartment and I am wondering WHAT IN THE HELL we have done!!!???

Soon, very soon I hope. I will be relaxing, cooking nice meals in my new kitchen. Right now though it just feels like we tore stuff up when maybe we should not have!

So I wanted to start a blog on the progress of our home, and the memories we will soon be making in it. That is what this is. It will not be fancy now, because as you can tell I am busy putting my home back together so we can live there!!!

That is the start of the crazy life of Clorie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

So Whats up with my oddly normal life?

 Huh huh? Cus it seems that I am never ever updating my blog these days. I am such a sloth!  Things happen and I think how I should blog about them and then I figure they are not really so interesting if you were not here. Then I remember I blog for me, not really for someone else. I want to be able to remember things, to come back and go oh yeah... Those were the days. Or whatever. I can't do that if I don't blog it.  I am going to try to be more regular with the blogs again, even if its what I made for dinner, and  how my husband kept me up snoring. If it doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it right!? :)  So whats been going on? the kids are growing. I got contacts, I am not sure how I feel about them just yet. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes I feel like I have an eye full of hair. Sometimes I can see great with them in, and other times everything is blurrier than when I had  them out. Meanwhile I wear my scratched up glasses while ...