Skip to main content

Strange Dream

 Do you ever have a dream, and although its something in your right mind you KNOW would never happen... You wake up and wonder a while, if it really did? I had one of those dreams the other night. Strange how some dreams out of your reach to remember, and some stay in your mind long after your awake.

 In my dream, I was at work, it was Friday night, and Tim was off (all this is in real life as well last Friday) So Promise gets home from her volley ball practice and she's complaining of a knee injury. Coach said she should probably see a doctor. So Tim calls me at work, and I tell him I am working there for I cannot do much about it. He offers to take her in instead, and I agree if its bothering her badly that would be best.

 I come home after work, and ask Tim what was the deal with Promise's knee. "oh they amputated." He tells me. They WHAHHHHH???? They don't just AMPUTATE when one complains ONE DAY about a sore knee!!! What the hell are you talking about? I go into Promise's room and there she is, standing one legged, other legged amputated JUST BELOW the knee, strangely enough... She is FINE with the fact.

 Apparently they amputated right there in the doctors office, after her complaint and all is better now. I flip out asking her how she will walk, and she walks at me matter of factly on stump and foot wobbling oddly... Proving to me this is NOT a big deal.

 I am so upset I call my mother, and we cry together about the crappy choice this doctor made, her volley ball "carreer" being over, and my mom tells me to sue. I pick up a book titled "How to care for your amputation" by whatever the doctors name was, and the last thing I remember is making calls to sue, and hopefully get Promise a prosthetic leg so she does not have to wobble on her stump anymore.

 I wake up telling myself, oh wow what a dream, then I realize.... Yesterday was Friday, I was at work, Tim was home and Promise did have Volley ball... I walk into her room as she stands there, thankfully on both FULL legs doing her hair. I tell her about my dream and of course this leads her to believe I am even more crazy than she originally thought I might be!

 I told Promise I was going to nick name her "Stumpy" She was not amused.

 I am so in shcok at the situation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 years at the same job!

 I will say this about my work. No matter what is said, word gets around. Words also get twisted and changed, and rumors fly like well I don't know kites? I think co-workers are like a second family, not like to the point where you want to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner... More like your around them enough that you are more than likely to have seen a bad side of them, and learned some annoyances. Chances are they were grumpy or depressed or pissed at some point and you have seen them at their worst. I think that makes it easier to get under each others skin and become annoyed. You get annoyed, you get over it, you move on. Your still co workers and you still get through. Like family, there are spats, you get over it move on and after it all your still family.  So do I always love my co workers or getting up early, or when someone is rude to me, or when I don't make any money... OF COURSE NOT. I have good days and I have bad days. Today it was raining, I would have ...

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

So Whats up with my oddly normal life?

 Huh huh? Cus it seems that I am never ever updating my blog these days. I am such a sloth!  Things happen and I think how I should blog about them and then I figure they are not really so interesting if you were not here. Then I remember I blog for me, not really for someone else. I want to be able to remember things, to come back and go oh yeah... Those were the days. Or whatever. I can't do that if I don't blog it.  I am going to try to be more regular with the blogs again, even if its what I made for dinner, and  how my husband kept me up snoring. If it doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it right!? :)  So whats been going on? the kids are growing. I got contacts, I am not sure how I feel about them just yet. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes I feel like I have an eye full of hair. Sometimes I can see great with them in, and other times everything is blurrier than when I had  them out. Meanwhile I wear my scratched up glasses while ...