Skip to main content

Every second

Its not possible to be there, every second of every moment of every day. Its just not. You cannot keep every bump from happening. The fact of life is, at some point in time, no matter how close of an eye you keep, no matter if you keep them in arms reach or just beyond, they will fall.

 When they fall, as a parent you always blame yourself. If I had just been there five seconds sooner. If I had just not let them go. What if I had wrapped them in bubble tape??? The fact is, the world is a big, and scary place. At some point, weather you like it or not, your children are going to venture out into it. Sometimes with you, and sometimes, alone.

 You have to let them go. I am pretty sure its against the law to keep them locked up and within arms reach after a certain age. Its hard to let go, and its even harder when they fall and you were not there to catch them. I want to be there, arms open for every fall...  I need to accept the fact that I cannot be. I am not sure if I ever will be able to accept it, or not blame myself for the bruises when they fall, without being caught.

 Parenthood. The hardest job you will ever love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ahh a fresh new week.

It is Monday. Daylight savings gave me this extra hour of sleep and a bright sunny morning to wake up to. The weekend is behind me now along with that UNGODLY busy week. My best friend is home from her camping trip, I have learned how to use, and LOVE my new phone... All feels right with the world!  Over the weekend Destiny was gone. It was kind of quiet around here, but Promise made sure to make up for the crankiness and teenager (esq) that might be lacking in the household. Thank you Promise. Your just too kind.  Rooster boy came and stayed the night. Not sure why but my son always has these strange thoughts he thinks are good ideas when rooster boy stays... Not saying its rooster boy, my son even admitted it was his own idea, I just think when boys get together, they lose all ability to ration out what is a good and what is a bad idea.  So what was the bright idea this weekend? To "splatter paint" A bowling pin . I guess I should be happy, that at least ...

Time Flies

A year ago today my best friend gave birth to her second little boy. TWO years ago tomorrow my first granddaughter was born. Both seem like yesterday, but also so long ago. Two years in a row almost on the same day I got to watch the miracle of life happen... I have done it myself four times, but it never ceases to amaze me. To watch it is just amazing that our body does that. GROWS someone in side of us and then gets that someone OUT. Just amazing. Life is stressing me out right now however, I am trying to take this weekend to just tune out anything and everything that is getting to me, just have fun, go to birthday parties, eat cake and not worrry. Not worry about bills or calories or my steps (I even took my fit bit off) Just be me, just enjoy what there is in life to enjoy. My amazing friends, and my crazy family and the hot summer weather.

Stalker Tendancies

 It seems odd to me, that someone who was always getting mad at me, who felt that I was "shitty to work with" Still takes time out of their day, to read, and then go on to talk about what they read, in my blogs.  I guess its like that quote, "Love me or hate me, either way your thinking about me" ha. Insane in a way really.  So work went really well today. Busy but not insanely so. Just enough to keep us moving and make time pass by the way it should. Then I get home and I am told that I apparently have a stalker, so once again I am told I should keep what I say in MY Blogs to myself. Freedom of speech is an awesome thing. I am not going to stop blogging, I enjoy it. I enjoy going back and remembering my crazy days, or remembering how I thought something was the end of the world and when I go back and read it thinking oh wow... It gets so much worse! I love re reading the funny things my kids have said and done, and the odd stories customers have told me. Also the...